UPDA stands for Urban Planning and Development Authority and it comes under MMUP (Ministry of Municipality and Urban Planning), currently named as MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment). We will now walk you through each step of applying for the MMUP/UPDA Exam.
Before we go into all the detailing, please make sure you check on the below list for requirements.
- Must be a Qatari citizen or hold a valid residence permit in the State.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent from a university or institute.
- Be in possession of full civil capacity.
- Must have good track record and reputation, must be never convicted of a felony or sentenced to prison for an offense involving moral turpitude or dishonesty.
- To pass the tests of the technical capabilities in the field of specialization, according to the conditions and controls established by a decision on the recommendation of the Committee.
Now let’s get to the part of applying for the MMUP/UPDA exam,
Step 1: Hukoomi Account
First, you must open a Hukoomi Account with Qatar ID, mobile number and other details.
To open a Hukoomi account, Go to this website http://portal.www.gov.qa/wps/portal
Click ‘Register’ it will prompt you to enter your Qatar ID number and mobile number to open the account. The website will verify your mobile number with Qatar ID and if it is OK, it will create the account. (This Hukoomi account can be utilized for other government services also)
Step 2: University and Certificates
Check whether your university is already listed in MME List of Approved Universities, if not, you need to visit the MMUP office and inform them.
- Valid Qatar ID
- Degree Certificate (Attested from Home Country and Qatar)
- Consolidated Mark sheet / Overall Mark sheet (or Each Semester attested Mark sheets, if you don’t have Consolidated Mark sheet)
- Work experience certificate (optional)
- Training course certificate (optional)
- PCC (Police Clearance Certificate)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Passport Size Photo
- Passport Copy
Step 3: Attestations
All Certificates must be attested by competent authorities in Home Country and by MOFA (Ministry of foreign affairs). Our expert team at TrustLink can assist you for all kinds of document attestations from the home country as well as Qatar.
Call us at +97466332969 / 70303534 for fast and affordable certificate attestation from India, UK, US, etc.
Note that attestation of degree certificates by MOFA requires a Bonafide letter from college/university.
Follow the below rules for Experience Certificates:
- Experience Within Qatar (Please see that you submit Experience Certificates with attestation prior to year 2014. MMUP is not considering experience certificates after 2014, if you were working in Qatar without Engineer registration)
- Previous experience certificate outside Qatar shall be attested from relevant authorities of respective countries and finally to be attested by ministry of foreign affairs in Qatar. Call us at +97466332969/ 70303534 for fast and affordable certificate attestation from India, UK, US, etc.
- Previous experience from Qatar (if you were working in Qatar for more than one company) shall be attested from Chamber of commerce – Qatar and finally to be attested by ministry of foreign affairs in Qatar.
- Rest of Qatar Experience is Considerable if it is Attested.
- For current company, Employee ID Number is sufficient.
- Course completion certificates such as PMP, REVIT, PRIMAVERA, NFPA, NEBOSH can be submitted as additional supporting documents.
1. Police clearance from home country.
You need to get a police clearance certificate (PCC) from home country. It should also be attested by the ministry of foreign affairs to proceed to the next step.
For Qatar PCC, you need to do everything personally. An agency cannot help you with this.
To get PCC, go to Qatar CID Police office at Salwa Road.
Application form can be downloaded from here: https://www.moi.gov.qa/site/english/departments/CEID/resources/2010/08/25_18316.pdf
Or you can receive one from the CID Police department.
Fill that application (Arabic is preferred) and submit along with the following documents:
- PCC from home country
- Qatar ID original and photo copy
- Passport copy
- Request letter, generated from Baladiya site www.baladiya.gov.qa, you can log in this site using your user name and password that you created for Hukoomi account.
Alternatively, it can also be done through Metrash2 (General Services>Police Clearance Certificate>Request Certificate). Choose the purpose as “Engineer’s admission Committee”.
Note that they accept payment using only Debit/Credit Cards in government complexes. The PCC will be ready in 7 days to be collected at the CID Office in Salwa Road. CID Office location is here (https://goo.gl/maps/mUqJgLzU1BpLLnzU9)
Note: If you had taken Qatar PCC earlier for some other purpose but the date is expired then you may obtain a new Qatar PCC using the old one at the CID office. Just check with them before submission.
Step 5: Uploading Required Documents
Make the documents in following formats after completion of the above procedures.
- Engineering degree (PDF – Front and back side should be in a single file)
- Work experience certificate and training certificate (PDF- same as above)
- Qatar PCC (PDF)
- Qatar ID (JPEG – Front and back in single file)
- Photo (JPEG)
- Passport (PDF – Including stamped page (if applicable) in single file)
- Curriculum vitae (PDF – All pages in single file)
Note: Give name to each file like Engineering degree, Experience 1, Experience 2 etc. Don’t put serial number at front.
Now, follow the below steps,
- Log in to baladiya.gov.qa website using Hukoomi User ID and password.
- Select Engineers & Engineering committee option from the page and click ‘New Engineer Registration’. Then an uploading page will open which will automatically redirect you for stage by stage uploading. At each stage you have to upload the relevant documents accordingly.
- First you have to feed your personal data, then Educational qualification, experience etc.
- Finally, it will ask for all the other documents, and this is where you upload the documents like Curriculum vitae, passport copy etc.
- After click the final confirmation it will generate three pages with all data with registration number. Please see that you print these three pages and keep it with you. Affix your photo in the generated page and sign in relevant locations.
Step 6: Submission
In a month you will receive the SMS (with date to submit the documents) from Baladiya to submit all original documents.
Go to Baladiya office ground floor (Opposite of city center) on the date mentioned and take your queue token from Engineer registration option in the token machine and wait for your turn.
Location is here (https://maps.google.com/?cid=15616766414067689126).
Then submit all your original documents including documents generated from the website. You will receive the SMS for exam date if everything is OK.
Mostly you will receive the SMS within a month and they will send SMS/Call day before the exam.
Step 7: Exam
Below are some information about the exam. Note that IT and related branches only has an interview and below info is not applicable.
- The exam will be conducted in same Baladiya office at 9th floor.
- Enter the Baladiya office 30 mins before the exam.
- You have to switch off your mobiles and keep it outside with other things before entering the exam hall.
- The exam pattern is objective questions (25 questions) and the duration is 1 hour. Minimum score requirements for passing the exam is not clear.
- You need to prepare within your engineering discipline subjects, project management etc.
- After finishing the exam, go outside the exam hall and wait in the rest area. After few minutes they will call one by one for results.
- If you pass or fail the exam, they will return all your original documents.
- If you pass the exam, they will tell you to wait for few minutes to issue the UPDA ID card.
- Your ATM/Credit card is needed for payment. (Fees QR 300).
- Once payment is done, they will issue the UPDA ID card.
These are some general guidelines only. All the best for the exam.
Embassy Attestation Services in Qatar | 25+ Embassies in Qatar To attest your certificate from any foreign embassy in Qatar CONTACT PHONE +97466332969/70303534 EMAIL [email protected] If you are planning to depart to any other country for educational employment, personal or any other purpose, certificate......
Saudi Certificate Attestation for Qatar For the most reliable Saudi certificate attestation for Qatar CONTACT PHONE +97466332969/70303534 EMAIL [email protected] Qatar has always shown a welcoming attitude towards expatriates. There are plenty of immigrants moving to Qatar for Higher education, business, employment purpose, etc. Qatar......
UAE Certificate Attestation for Qatar To attest UAE certificates for Qatar CONTACT PHONE +97466332969/70303534 EMAIL [email protected] TrustLink is one of the most reputed and reliable agencies in Qatar that offers expert services in UAE certificate attestation for Qatar. When you are trying to move......
Bahrain Certificate Attestation for Qatar Experience the best Bahrain certificate attestation services for Qatar CONTACT PHONE +97466332969/70303534 EMAIL [email protected] Qatar has emerged as one of the most promising business hubs in the world. the migration rate to Qatar is increasing every year, even the......
Kuwait Certificate Attestation for Qatar To attest Kuwait certificates for Qatar CONTACT PHONE +97466332969/70303534 EMAIL [email protected] Qatar is a country that provides plenty of Education as well as employment opportunities. The announcement of FIFA 2022 has catalyzed the growth rate of the Economy of......